Frequent Questions

How do I become accredited as a Training Provider?

Question (23002-37010)

How do I become accredited as a Training Provider?


Trainers seeking accreditation in an EPA administered state must submit their applications and fees online through EPA’s CDX system, the EPA’s electronic reporting system: If you have not previously created a CDX account, click “Register with CDX”, accept the terms, choose “LEAD: Lead-Based Paint Program”, and select “Training Provider Application”. Complete the application as necessary – it will gather your program’s information and allow you to pay the appropriate fees securely. A confirmation email will be sent to your inbox when an application is completed.

Trainers seeking accreditation in states, states tribes and territories not administered by EPA should contact the respective state or tribe for more information about their training and certification requirements. Note that if you work in more than one state, you may need both EPA federal and state certifications.

The following links provide more information about applying for accreditation as an abatement or renovation trainer.  They also include links to states, tribes, and territories authorized by EPA to run their own programs.

Have more questions? Submit a request