Frequent Questions

If I received renovator certification in an authorized state, what do I need to do to work in EPA-administered jurisdictions?

There are no additional requirements.  To become a certified renovator or certified dust sampling technician, an individual must successfully complete the appropriate course accredited by EPA or by an EPA-authorized State or Tribal program.  The course completion certificate serves as proof of certification.  

EPA renovator certification allows the certified individual to perform renovations covered by this section in any State or Indian Tribal area that does not have a renovation program that is authorized under subpart Q of this part.

Have more questions? Submit a request