What if I am already certified by an EPA authorized state or tribal program?
If you are already certified by an EPA-authorized program in a particular discipline, and you want to obtain Federal certification, you must submit the following to EPA:
- Completed application (EPA form 8500-28).
- Copy of your currently valid certificate (license/permit) from the authorized State or Tribe.
- Two identical passport photographs.
- Check or money order for the appropriate fee.
- You do not need to take an EPA-accredited initial training course or the third party exam.