The national program goals of the FEC are as follows:
- 95% of eligible electronic equipment purchased or leased annually by FEC Partners facilities is EPEAT-registered (PDF, 77 KB);
- 100% of eligible computers and monitors in operation at FEC Partner facilities have ENERGY STAR® power management features enabled (PDF, 53 KB);
- 100% of eligible computers and imaging equipment in operation at FEC Partner facilities have duplexing features set to default;
- Desktop computers at FEC Partner facilities have an average life span of at least four years (PDF, 47 KB). ;Used electronic equipment from FEC Partner facilities is reused internally or donated for reuse (PDF, 53 KB), to the maximum extent practicable;
- 100% percent of non-reusable electronic equipment disposed of annually by FEC Partner facilities is recycled using third-party certified recyclers (PDF, 52 KB); and
- Data centers at FEC Partner facilities utilize best management practices.
These goals align with the federal government's electronic stewardship goals, as defined in Executive Order 13514, "Federal Leadership in Environmental, Energy, and Economic Performance."