Frequent Questions

Under the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA), must a local education agency's (LEA's) Designated Person be an employee of the LEA, or can this person be an outside consultant, available on a part-time basis?

The Designated Person does not have to be an LEA employee. The designated person can be an outside consultant and does not have to be on-site at the LEA.

Have more questions? Submit a request