Frequent Questions

Under the Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA), can a building inspector use his/her own lab to analyze the bulk samples or air samples taken?

Yes, but only if the lab is currently accredited by the National Voluntary Laboratory Accreditation Program (NVLAP) operated by the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), formerly known as the National Bureau of Standards. (40 CFR part 763.87(a) and 40 CFR part 763.90 (i)(2)(ii))

Have more questions? Submit a request