Frequent Questions

I operate a renovation firm and I have heard that my state will adopt its own lead Renovation, Repair and Painting program. Do I have to also be certified by EPA?

As of March, 2014, fourteen states have their own RRP programs (Alabama, Delaware, Georgia, Iowa, Kansas, Massachusetts, Mississippi, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Oregon, Rhode Island, Utah, Washington, and Wisconsin).  If your firm is located in one of these states, you should contact them for information on their certification requirements.  If you work outside of one of those states, your firm needs to be certified by EPA.

Have more questions? Submit a request