Frequent Questions

I have completed an 8-hour lead safe work practices training course, but my certificate has expired. What training do I need to take to become a certified renovator?

If you have taken one of certain EPA/HUD lead-safe work practices training courses, or accredited abatement supervisor or worker training, before October 4, 2011, regardless of whether this training has expired you may become a certified renovator by taking a 4-hour renovator refresher course in lieu of the 8-hour initial renovator course. EPA is requiring that you complete at least the 4-hour refresher course in order to ensure that you are acquainted with how to use test kits to determine whether lead-based paint is present on a component and how to perform cleaning verification. For a list of the eligible EPA/HUD courses, go to refresheror call 1-800-424-LEAD.


Have more questions? Submit a request