Frequent Questions

Can a training provider that is accredited only in an authorized State teach a course in an out-of-state location that would lead to certification in the authorized State?


Because the training provider is not Federally-accredited and is not offering a course that would lead to EPA certification, the Federal lead-based paint program regulations do not apply.  However, EPA recommends that the training provider discuss applicable State program requirements with the authorized State.


Have more questions? Submit a request