Frequent Questions

Can a person take an EPA-accredited course in one EPA-administered state and then apply for and receive certification to work in a different EPA-administered state?


Yes. EPA is running the same Federal program under Subpart L in all States and Indian Tribes that have not received authorization under Subpart Q to operate their own programs.

Individuals may apply for certification in more than one EPA-administered jurisdiction using the same application form and one set of credentials per discipline as described in 745.226. The application fee submitted will depend on the number of EPA-administered jurisdictions for which certification is sought, as described in 745.238(c).


Have more questions? Submit a request