Property owners who sell target housing must:
- Disclose all known lead-based paint and lead-based paint hazards in the housing and any
available reports on lead in the housing;
- Give buyers the EPA pamphlet "Protect Your Family from Lead in Your Home";
- Include certain warning language in the contract as well as signed statements from all parties
verifying that all requirements were completed;
- Retain signed acknowledgments for 3 years, as proof of compliance; and
- Give buyers a 10-day opportunity to test the housing for lead.