Frequent Questions

Where are the Regulations for exporting Chemical Substances?

With respect to exports, if a person intends to export a chemical that is subject to certain requirements under the Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA), the person must notify EPA. The Agency is responsible for notifying the importing country's government of the chemical and of EPA's regulatory action. These export notification requirements can be found in Section 12(b) of TSCA and 40 CFR 707 Subpart D. Under specific and limited circumstances, TSCA Section 12(a) exempts from certain TSCA requirements chemical substances, mixtures, and articles being manufactured, processed, or distributed in commerce solely for export from the United States.

Have more questions? Submit a request