Operation and maintenance activities (PDF, 136 KB) encompass a variety of electronics issues, including: energy conservation and efficiency; printing and copying; and extending product life. Improving operation and maintenance of electronics serves many functions, including:
- Reducing energy consumption;
- Reducing resource use;
- Increasing recycling rates;
- Keeping viable equipment out of the waste stream;
- Reducing demand for new electronic products; and
- Maximizing product life and lifecycle environmental and cost benefits.